Case Info

Q: How can I find out information about my case? (Information including cause number, court, attorney and court date.)

A: For a misdemeanor offense, contact the County Clerk’s Office.  For a felony offense, contact the District Clerk’s Office.

Q: How can I find out if I have a warrant or charges filed against me?

A: Contact the Bonds and Warrants Desk at the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department.

Q: What is the Innocence Project and can it help me?

A: The Innocence Project of Texas is a non-profit organization dedicated to securing the release of those wrongfully convicted of serious crimes in the State of Texas.  The organization is currently working in partnership with the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office to review hundreds of previously denied post-conviction requests for DNA testing filed by inmates convicted of offenses in Dallas County.  For more information about the organization’s work or to contribute to its efforts, please visit www.innocenceprojectoftexas.org. (You will be directed away from this site. If you wish to return to this site, use your “Back” button.)

Q: Can the defendant speak to the District Attorney Craig Watkins about their case?

A: The District Attorney and his staff of assistant district attorneys cannot speak to a defendant unless the defendant’s attorney is present.

Court Appointed Attorney

Q: How do I get an attorney if I bonded out of jail and can’t afford one?

A: At the first court date, notify the judge or his/her court coordinator that you cannot afford legal counsel.

Q: My court appointed attorney will not return my calls.  What do I do?

A: Contact the court that assigned the attorney.


Q: How do I drop charges?

A: If the case has not been filed with the District Attorney’s Office, contact the police/law enforcement agency that arrested the subject.  If the case has been filed with the District Attorney’s Office, contact the assistant district attorney assigned to the case.

Q: What is an affidavit?

A: An affidavit is a formal sworn statement of fact, signed by the affiant and witnessed by a taker of oaths, such as a notary public.  Affidavits can be used to allow evidence to be gathered from witnesses or participants who may not be available or willing to testify in person before the court.

Q: Can the State file charges on a domestic dispute even if I don’t want to?

A: Yes.



Q: I think someone has committed a crime; can I file a case with the District Attorney’s Office? Who do I talk to?

A: Generally, criminal cases are filed with the police agency in the city where the offense occurred.


Criminal Records

Q: How can I get a print out of my criminal record?

A: Contact the District Clerk’s Office.



Q: How do I find out how much money I owe and what checks the District Attorney has for me in your office?

A: You will have to call our office.  The Check Division phone number is 214-653-3672.

Q: How do I make a payment? Do you take credit cards, debit cards, cash?

A: Payments can be made in person or by mail.
Our mailing address is:
Dallas County District Attorney’s Office
Attn:  Check Division
133 N. Riverfront Blvd., LB 19
Dallas, TX  75207

The Check Division accepts cashier checks and/or money orders, ONLY.  No cash, No credit cards and No debit cards

Q: I have paid my checks but there is still a warrant out for my arrest.  How do I take care of this?

A: You need to call our office. 214-653-3672. It is possible you could have a Theft By Check Charge or Court Costs and Fines due at a JP Court or a number of other reasons.


Q: How do I get on a payment plan?

A: You must appear in person and have a driver’s license or a state issued ID with your picture on it.


Q: I cannot make a payment this month, can I get an extension on my payment plan?

A: All payments are due on the 15th of each month unless otherwise noted when you came to get on the payment plan.




Q:My organization would like to invite District Attorney Craig Watkins to speak at our event.  How can I get in touch with him?

A: Send a written invitation with details of the event to his administrative assistant, Sharon Fuller, via e-mail at sfuller@dallascounty.org or mail it to Dallas County District Attorney’s Office, Attention: Sharon Fuller, 133 N. Riverfront Blvd., LB19, Dallas, Texas 75207.


Q: Where is the Frank Crowley Criminal Court House located?

A: The criminal courts building is located in downtown Dallas at 133 N. Riverfront Blvd., Dallas, Texas 75207.


Q: What are the business hours for the Frank Crowley Courts Building?

A: The business hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.

In accordance with the holidays designated by official action of the Dallas County Commissioners Court, the District Attorney’s Office is CLOSED on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday
Memorial Day
Independence Day Holiday
Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day
Thanksgiving Day Holiday (the Friday after Thanksgiving Day)
Christmas Day
Christmas Holiday

Q: Where can I park when I visit the Frank Crowley Courts Building?

A: There are both covered and uncovered self-pay public parking lots surrounding the Frank Crowley Courts Building.  There is an automatic teller machine (ATM) located on the second floor of the building.